Established in 1995, HAI MESHEK is the only organization in Israel dedicated specifically to reducing the suffering of farm animals. Some of the Association’s successes include:
- The introduction of the Free-Range Eggs in the Israeli market;
- Slaughter laying hens on-site avoiding long distressing transportation;
- Slaughter of male-chicks in the egg industry that terminates their lives instantly avoiding unnecessary long pain;
- Research which served the campaign and the banning of the production of foie grass;
- Research which served the campaigns and the banning of maintenance of veals in solitude cages.
HAI-MESHEK is a registered non-profit organization